Apple Pay makes it quick and easy to pay for purchases in stores. You can pay at the checkout with the help of your iPhone and Apple Watch.
Apple Pay – an innovative payment system
We are already used to paying for purchases using the contactless method. And doing it just with a bank card is not good. It’s another matter when it is done by the phone. This has its magic: here you are standing in a cafe, ordered a latte. While you wait, chat with a friend. Here they bring you order, and you have to pay for it. You, without looking up from the chat, present your smartphone to the terminal and pay. Today a smartphone is a super-partner that helps out in any difficult situation.
Apple Pay is a contactless payment system designed specifically for iOS devices that allows contactless payments in stores and online purchases. It provides not only a high speed of processing payments but also their complete security while maintaining the confidentiality of user information. This is because the application does not provide the merchant with access to the payer’s data. The application allows not only to pay for services of various companies quickly and without additional confirmation codes, but also to store data on all your cards in a single program.
To enable this service, you will first need to download and install it on your iPhone. However, the application only works on an iPhone with an NFC module. You can download the program from the official Apple online application store called AppStore. After downloading the program, the user will simply need to go through the registration procedure indicating their data, contact information, and also bind a card to the Apple Pay card from the balance of which funds will be debited when making contactless payments.
Pros and Cons
There are the following advantages:
- The main advantage of the application is its ease of use, as well as the ability to download for free for any devices of the corporation that support this function.
- To add money to Apple Pay, it is enough to remember the procedure. Any payments made with Apple Pay will appear in the Wallet app.
- Apple Pay has a cool messenger money transfer feature.
- It does not take up much space, installs quickly, and its functionality allows you to perform a huge number of operations with just one touch.
- Payment for such services will be safe and confidential, since the card details are not indicated in the client’s check, and also are not transferred to the company in which the payment was made.
- It is impossible to trace the shopping list and the outlet only by the receipt received. Only the user of the device will be able to view in the history of transactions what, when, and where he bought.
- The simple registration process, as well as the possibility of using the program free of charge.
- You can store a wide variety of cards, as well as coupons and discount cards, but also documents such as tickets, purchase coupons, gift coupons, and much more.
There are the following disadvantages:
- The Apple Pay function is available on a device not younger than iPhone 6.
- You will be surprised, but Apple takes a commission from the bank on every transaction, and it can go up to 0.12%.
- Sometimes it happens that the iPhone does not see the terminal. In this case, experts recommend backing up your phone and doing a factory reset.